Do you want to…
- Make your resume stand out?
- Develop new skills?
- Get involved with the local community?
- Meet new people and broaden your network?
- Improve your career prospects?
Yes? Then you should get involved with the AIPE Service, Leadership and Development Program (SLDP for short!)
The AIPE SLDP aims to:
- Encourage increased student engagement and interaction with the campus community and the local community.
- Encourage greater involvement in personal and professional development activities outside the classroom.
- Provide Leadership development and networking opportunities.
How does it work?
- You gain points for participating in a range of activities either on campus or in the community.
- Once you have achieved the required points you are invited to attend special events or are awarded with bonuses.
- There are annual awards and prizes for those who achieve the highest points.
What could you do?
- Participate in campus or community volunteering opportunities, professional development programs or internships. Create clubs or organize events, the ideas are up to you!
Why should you get involved?
- SLDP gives you the opportunity to gain experience, develop skills and build your leadership experience.
- Opportunities to grow both personally and professionally and explore new areas of interest.
- Looks great on your resume.
- Grow your network and meet industry leaders.
- Get involved with the local community.
- You will receive an AIPE record of activity and if you obtain enough points an AIPE reference letter and there are also plenty of other great benefits.
By taking part you can expect to:
- Build professional skills that enhance your employability like effective communication, problem solving and teamwork.
- Discover new concepts and theories of leadership
- Develop new interests and pathways through volunteering
- Enhance your well-being through making new friends and giving back to your community
You could even be the annual AIPE Service Leadership and Development Program Award winner! The program is coordinated by the Student Experience Team within the Student Services Department. If you want more info please see Brett Lyon – Student Experience Team Leader. Level 1.