AIPE encourages students to get actively involved in the community.
Our Volunteering program is designed to help you get involved with the community and develop new skills.
- Improve your networks for finding work, accommodation.
- Improve your English conversation skills.
- Improve your communication and leadership skills.
- Profession development and networking skills.
Students who volunteer can also claim credits towards the AIPE Leadership Program (SLDP)
Here are some AIPE Volunteering stories:
André Della Nina
- Tell us a little about the organisation and project that you have been working on?
The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, in which all Societies have equal status and share equal responsibilities and duties in helping each other, is worldwide. I have been working on they shopping online (e-commerce), and helping with some printed materials.
- What skills have you used? What have you learned?
I am using my own skills, graphic designer skills and digital marketing skills, I am learning english with them and learning how to work in a big company with many competent people.
- What have been the benefits for you with being involved with this volunteering?
I can help who is in need in the community and the world doing that job, and they give me an opportunity to do that in my free time, so it’s perfect, they never ask you to do “impossible” things.
- What would you say to someone who was thinking about volunteering?
They main thing about volunteering is about the place, if they are nice with you and understand you are here to help the relationship will be the best one, I never have any problem with them, I am volunteering for almost 6~7 months and I love my relationship with then, they always give me a opportunity to learn something new and I always try to do my best for help them. If you are thinking to be a volunteer try to find a spare day in your week, do that with your heart and find a place where they give respect and are happy with you here.
If you would like more info about volunteering, please speak with Brett.